|Position Title||Finance & Administration Coordinator|
|Employment Basis||Permanent Part Time|
|Weekly Hours||16 (days/hours to be agreed)|
Magen David Adom (MDA) saves lives every day by providing Israel’s emergency medical response and ambulance services, managing the national blood bank and providing international disaster aid.
Australian Friends of Magen David Adom is a registered charity whose mission is to support the lifesaving services provided by MDA Israel through fundraising activities and awareness programmes in NSW Australia.
Why This Role Exists
In addition to supporting the overall smooth running and administration of the office, this role includes the management and maintenance of the cloud-based donor management system, the production of reports for Board, CEO and staff, timely and accurate capture, processing and recording of receipts (including donations, gift and product sales and event ticketing) and
completion of core bookkeeping and finance tasks including banking, payments processing and reconciliation.
- Daily processing (see Donation Management System below) of donations received via mail, online and phone through banking/credit card acquiring systems are required.
- Regular processing of recurring (e.g. monthly/quarterly) donations as required
- Timely and accurate entry of all received donations/sales through the donor management system including recording, receipting and static data updating and validation (e.g. ensuring contact details are checked and updated as necessary)
- Coordination of gift certificate issuance with Donor relations team
- Donation Management System (IMIS)
- Process/enter all donations received (including “Tzedakah” money boxes), event tickets sold (where applicable), sponsorship receipts etc into IMIS daily. Includes preparation of batch entry and reconciliation of bank statements and MYOB bank feed
- Produce designated daily, weekly, monthly, and ad hoc reports for CEO, Board and other team members as needed. Design and publish new reports as required.
- Maintain IMIS system including vendor liaison, new report construction, database management, integrity and clean up and performance of ad hoc queries and tasks as required.
- Interrogate database and/or undertake analysis as required.
- Daily entry from IMIS batch report to MYOB and matching the banking to the batch report
- Monthly reconciliation of all bank accounts
- Daily banking of cheque/cash receipts
- Invoices reviewed, validated, submitted for approval by CEO/President/Treasurer
- Weekly payment runs established including upload of approved invoices and payments to MYOB and banking system respectively for approval by authorised signatories.
- Timely entry and coding of all transactions to MYOB including donations/event income/other income received and expenditure incurred and invoices matched to payments
- Inform Treasurer of large receipts for possible investment of surplus funds
- Office Management & Support
- Maintenance of the office as a tidy and work safe environment including coordination of office maintenance, building management liaison and information technology support and administration
- Stationery and supplies maintenance and ordering including supplier management
- Regular and timely completion of general filing
- Telephone support as required
- Mail collection as required
- Event support as required
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- Bookkeeping (TAFE Certificate IV Accounting and Bookkeeping or similar) or Finance or general undergraduate degree would be an advantage
- Skills and Experience
- Experienced user of the Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Previous experience with or exposure to Donor or Customer Management Systems, ideally IMIS Cloud Professional 100/200
- Basic understanding of office technology
- Book keeping using MYOB Essentials
- Ability to work unsupervised and in a small team environment
- Attention to detail with strong organisation skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
If you believe you have the relevant skills, experience and wish to be part of a community organisation then please forward your cover letter & resume to email@example.com by Friday 20 November 2020.