Tego offers medical indemnity insurance for Australian doctors underwritten by Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance, a brand globally synonymous with trust and integrity. With our individual risk appraisal, we deliver competitive pricing and market leading cover. You will always receive responsive, professional and expert medico-legal advice, claims support and clinician peer support so you can continue to focus on providing quality patient care.
The Tego product is underwritten by Berkshire Hathaway who are the world’s largest insurer of doctors. Our product exceeds the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) minimum product standards and we are listed by the Medical Board and Department of Health.
We recognise that medico legal support is crucial to our value proposition. Tego provides 24/7 medico-legal advisory support from a panel of leading medical lawyers, and peer support from our Chief Medical Adviser and Medical Advisory Board.
Below is a reminder of some of our key policy features:
- No Excesses anywhere on the policy
- Unlimited Defence Costs in addition to your $20m limit
- Unlimited Retroactive Date for your ‘tail risk’ and to ensure compliance with Medical Board requirement to have cover for all prior practice
- “Like for Like” Policy Match to cover the terms of your previous years’ policy should there be any differences in cover. (You still get the additional coverage features in the Tego policy).
- Extended Continuous Cover for certain prior known matters and patient incidents, meaning continuity is upheld when you switch
- Tax Audit Cover to respond to an Australian Tax Office audit of your practice
- Privacy Breaches covering fines and penalties, including the cost of notifying regulators and patients
- Reputation Protection Costs for defamation arising out of social media, and the costs of engaging a PR consultant to safeguard reputation
- Loss of Income while attending court in relation to a claim.