In times of peace, Magen David Adom operates standard ambulances, extending basic life-support treatment to the sick and wounded, transferring them to hospitals.
During emergencies, Magen David Adom assists the Army Medical Corps in transferring Israel Defence Forces soldiers, who have been evacuated via helicopter, from airports and landing fields to hospitals.
Magen David Adom’s pre-hospital emergency medical corps operates these lifesaving vehicles:
- Standard Ambulances
- Mobile Intensive Care Units (MICU’s)
- Intensive Care Ambulances (ICA’s)
- Multi-Casualty Response Vehicles (MCRV’s)
- Command Vehicles
- Mobile Blood Donor Units
- Armoured Ambulances
- First-Responder Motorbikes
- Volunteers’ Private Vehicles