When Shimon Michaeli, just 2.5 years-old stopped breathing during the night, his 13-year-old brother, Nissim noticed. Nissim’s quick action led to an immediate call to MDA.
“I came home from a friend’s bar mitzvah and got in bed. I noticed he wasn’t breathing properly,” said Nissim. Nissim woke his parents who called MDA.
The EMT who answered the phone guided the boys’ father, Yehuda, on performing CPR, while an ambulance was dispatched immediately. When senior EMT Eli Sloshetz arrived, Shimon was still not breathing. He resuscitated him with shocks from a defibrillator.
The EMTs who saved his life recently visited Shimon and his family in Safra Children’s Hospital. Watch the video.