Magen David Adom is often referred to as Israel’s second line of defence.
Magen David Adom saves lives every day by providing Israel’s emergency medical response and ambulance services, managing the national blood bank and providing international disaster aid.
The vast majority of the medics and paramedics are dedicated and selfless volunteers, who rely on worldwide supporters to continue their life saving work.
Over the past years, Magen David Adom supporters in Australia have donated over 15 ambulances 30 medicycles and vital life-saving equipment, all of which are critical to saving lives every day.
Magen David Adom does not discriminate based on religion, background or ethnicity. We focus on one thing and one thing alone- Saving Lives.
Our mission is to support the life-saving services provided by MDA Israel through fundraising activities and awareness programmes.
Magen David Adom in Israel has faithfully served the country’s population for many decades by adhering to principles which derive from the sublime value of “saving a single soul of Israel”. These include providing first aid and emergency medicine, offering training activities and other professional services to the public at large and the medical system, collecting blood donations and supplying them to hospitals and undertaking humanitarian activities for the community.
Magen David Adom in Israel:
- provides all Israel’s Emergency Medical Services in times of peace and crisis
provides all blood plasma services to all hospitals and to the people of Israel
- is a full member of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
- maintains a modern fleet of more than 1070 ambulances and over 300 medicycles that are on constant alert – which must be replaced at the rate of more than 80 vehicles per year
- established a qualified cardiac survival system with mobile cardiac rescue units equipped with two-way communication
- fully cooperates with all hospitals and clinics thoughout Israel and instituted an emergency premature and high risk infant ambulance Service with Hadassah Hospital at Mt.Scopus
- conducts an ongoing programme for emergency lifesaving training for all civilian employees including postal workers, police, fire fighters, cab drivers, tour guides and others
- provides first aid training to young people in order for them to help their communities in times of disaster
- has built and maintains first aid stations throughout all of Israel that are always available, plus auxiliary services with ambulances at all critical border kibbutzim
- is recognised as the outstanding volunteer organisation in Israel